Sunday, March 11, 2007

May 19, 2007

Farewell to thee, little Blogger. Thou hast -- until recently, that is -- served me well.


*************************************************

April 19, 2007

Again, Blooger will not let me start a new entry.
Since I can't seem to operate this blog properly anymore, and in light of the fact that I seldom make entries anymore, I'll most likely abandon it. I mean, I could try contacting Blooger and emailing back and forth in an effort to resolve the problem, but what the fuck for?

If I make a new one, I'll let you know.


Anyway, just had to vent or whatever about that asshole shooter at VT. I refuse to watch the videotape that he sent to NBC since I've read quite enough about him online. He created his own dilemma, as far as I can see, by behaving in an antisocial manner and preventing himself from making any friends; then he blames everyone else for all his problems. He angers me quite a bit. Kill yourself? Go right ahead. But to take others down like this is just evil.

Of course I can't say anything that hasn't already been said, but I had to get that off my chest.



April 16, 2007

Your Dominant Thinking Style: Visioning

You are very insightful and tend to make decisions based on your insights.
You focus on how things should be - even if you haven't worked out the details.

An idealist, thinking of the future helps you guide your path.
You tend to give others long-term direction and momentum.
What's Your Thinking Style?


Well, Blooger made me upgrade but won't let me start a new entry, so I'm editing an old one. Noticed right away the "flag" feature to complain about "objectionable" content. Fucking great. What's "objectionable," anyway, and who gets to decide? Just like on YouTube. What's happened to free speech? What's happened to, "if you don't like what you're seeing, then get the hell out"?

Anyway, a couple of times recently I've had dreams about the ex. I don't know what's brought this about, but I would greatly appreciate if that particular individual wouldn't pollute my subconscious. In both dreams, he's come back to try to reinitiate our relationship. To my credit, in both dreams I tell him, repeatedly and insistently, to get lost, that I want nothing to do with someone of his lack of quality. I wouldn't let him touch me, either. Good. Not that that's different from real life; I was SO not attracted to him.

------------

John, you da man!

I've followed this tenet for the past few years and it's so much easier now, living inside my head.

Don't Take Anything Personally

Nothing others do is because of you.

What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream.

When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.

From The Four Agreements, by Miguel Ruiz

It all started years ago when a wise woman friend emailed me not to take my husband's betrayal personally. Truer words were never spoken, and I realized as a result that pretty much nothing is personal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker